This service enables people who attended their higher education from foreign institutes to apply for the equivalency certificate from the Rwandan Higher Education system. This service is provided by the Higher Education Council (HEC).
The processing time is 7 working days; however, it may depend on the feedback approval from the university. The price for this service is Rwf 1,000
No Irembo account is required to apply for this service.
Rwandan citizens should have a national ID number.
Foreigners should have a passport number.
Required and conditional attachments for Rwandans and foreigners are different. Note that Rwandan notaries should first notify the supporting documents.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for an equivalency certificate for foreign qualifications:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Education, click on Application for Equating Foreign Qualifications.
2. Choose who you are applying for (Citizen or Foreign Citizen), and click on Apply.
3. Fill in the Applicant Details by clicking in the blank space to enter the required details (*: means mandatory information).
4. Attach all the required documents in the right format and size.
5. Click on Next to proceed.
6. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
7. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant will receive a notification via SMS and/or email to confirm the payment. Once the High Education Council (HEC) officer receives and approves the application, they will receive the e-certificate via email.