This service enables Non-Government Organisations to apply for legal personality and is processed by the Rwanda Governance Board.
The processing time of an NGO Legal Personality certificate is 60 days; the service costs Rwf 100,000.
Applicants must be Rwandans.
Applicants should have an Irembo account or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov.
The attachment required is the organisation’s Operational Certificate
The size of the attachment should be 1 MB, format: PDF
Applicants should have a valid Rwandan Phone number, email address or both
Follow these easy steps to apply for NGO Legal Personality:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and Log In.
2. Under Governance, click on Application For NGO Legal Personality.
3. Click on Apply.
4. Enter applicant’s Identification document number
5. Enter the required applicant Additional Details by clicking in the blank space to input the required details (*: means mandatory information).
6. Fill in the Organisation Details.
7. Attach the required document in the right format and size.
8. Click on Next to proceed.
9. Verify that the input information is correct, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
10. A billing number/ID (88…) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
11. Applicants choose the mode of payment: offline (MTN, Airtel, or BK) or online (Visa or MasterCard). For more information about payment modes, click here.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant receives a notification once the application is processed by the Rwanda Governance Board. The e-certificate is received via email or can be downloaded on the Irembo platform. Click here to find out how you can download the certificate on IremboGov.