This service allows foreigners residing in Rwanda to apply for a foreigner Identification card to use in Rwanda. The residence permit must be valid, not less than six (6) months. The service is provided by the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration (DGIE) office.
The processing time is 7 days and the price is RWF 5,000.
Applicants should first contact DGIE before applying for this service.
Applicants can apply for this service without an Irembo account.
Applicants should have a passport number.
Applicant should have both a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a foreign ID card:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Immigration and Emigration, click on Foreign ID Card.
2. Select which service you want; “Apply for Foreign Identification Card,” and click on Apply.
3. Fill in the Applicant Details and click on Next to proceed.
4. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
5. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov, the applicant receives a feedback notification from the DGIE informing them to visit their office for further instructions about their application.