The certificate of nationality is issued to a Rwandan citizen to confirm his/her nationality as Rwandan. The application is processed by local Government authorities at the sector level. The service is provided by the Ministry of Local Governance (MINALOC).
The processing time of this service is 1 working day; it costs Rwf 1,500.
Applicant needs to log in to the Irembo account. Click here to find out how to create an account on IremboGov or visit the nearest Irembo agent for assistance.
Applicants should have a national ID number or a Citizen Application Number.
Applicant should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to apply for a certificate of nationality:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and click on Log In to start applying for this service.
2. Under Identification, click on Certificate of Nationality.
3. Choose who you are applying for (Self or Child), and then click on Apply.
4. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page.
- Self: Rwandan citizens above 16 years should have a national ID.
- Child: Rwandan citizens below 16 years should have a Citizen Application Number.
5. Enter the Processing Details and the Reason for Request.
NOTE: It’s advisable to choose the nearest processing office to easily follow up.
6. Click on Next to proceed.
7. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
8. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and paying successfully via IremboGov and after the Civil Registration Officer (CRO) of the processing sector has approved it, the applicant receives an SMS/Email notifying them that the certificate is available and can download it on the IremboGov platform.