This service allows Rwandans and foreigners of eighteen (18) years and above living in Rwanda or abroad, who fulfill the necessary requirements as provided for by the Rwandan law on nationality, to register for a Rwandan nationality. Nationality can be acquired by birth, marriage, and naturalization. The service is provided by the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration (DGIE) office.
The processing time is 1 day and the price depends on the citizenship category.
No Irembo account is required to apply for this service.
Rwandan citizens should have a national ID number.
Applicants should have a valid phone number, email address, or both.
Follow these simple steps to register for Rwandan citizenship:
1. Visit www.irembo.gov.rw and under Immigration and Emigration, click on Registration for Citizenship.
2. Click on Apply.
3. Fill in the Applicant Details and the details will be retrieved and displayed on the right side of the page. The price depends on the citizenship category.
4. Click on Next to proceed.
5. Verify that the information is true, enter a phone number and/or email address, check the verification box, and click on Submit.
6. A billing number/ID (99….) will be generated for payment. Applicants can pay using MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, BK App, BK Branches, BK Agents, or pay online using VISA or MasterCard.
NOTE: After applying and successfully paying via IremboGov, the applicant receives a feedback notification from the DGIE office informing them to visit their office for further instructions about their application.